Blog Post #1

Rebecca Garcia

    I am a 20 year old junior studying Human Development and Family Sciences in university. I plan to be an elementary school teacher one day in the future. I cannot wait until I am able to get into the field of education and begin to make a difference. Making a difference in the lives of my students will be most important to me as we, as teachers, will be shaping the minds of the future generation.

    My prior experiences using technology in an educational setting are with the applications Notability, Canvas, Google, and Microsoft Office programs. These prior experiences have influence over my learning and education. Using technology in an educational setting is impactful because it facilitates further learning as there is more access to additional information. These influences affect me in terms of learning more than what is given to me in my school courses through the access to the internet.

    My main personal learning networks consist of TikTok and Pinterest. Learning resources I use regularly are Google and my university classes. The goal I am trying to reach with the use of personal learning networks is to become a teacher. These learning resources and personal learning networks support my learning needs and goals by exposing me to the experiences of others allowing me to learn from their doings by possibly replicating something they have done and avoid doing the same as them. I am able to get ideas for ways I want to run my classroom through the use of PLNs and learning resources. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #4

Blog Post #3